Renewable Energy Group is a biodiesel production company headquartered in Ames, Iowa. The company operates 12 biorefineries and a feedstock processing facility. As of 2018, the company is a Fortune 1000 corporation.
Ames, IA, USA
12 Oct → 11 Nov
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
This position will consult, analyze, and deliver on database development and enterprise data warehouse assignments and projects. The candidate will work with business analysts and dashboard developers to create data sources through SQL development.
REG is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Preferred Education and Experience :
- 4-year degree in IT/MIS or related area or equivalent experience
- SQL experience (T-SQL, 2012 or newer): 5+ years of experience preferred
- Data warehouse: 1-year (preferred)
Special skills, knowledge, or certifications preferred:
- JD Edwards experience
- Oracle Transportation Management experience
- Experience with data warehousing (facts/measures, star schemas, and dimension tables)
- Project management experience
- Flowcharting techniques
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Code effective solutions with a long term perspective that are easily supported
- Help create and maintain SQL standards and documentation process standards
- Help manage change by following the development lifecycle standards set forth
- Read business requirements, add clarity, and propose solutions to meet the requirements
- Study and document source system data sets, data flow, and data relationships for providing best fit solutions
- Create technical specifications for ETL, SQL, and other items needed for each solution
- Work with business analysts and database developers to further build the enterprise data warehouse
- Troubleshoot issues with existing reports, dashboards, ETL processes, and SQL
- Ability to work in a team setting or individually
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and analytical skills
- Highly proficient in SQL development
- Excellent understanding of database structures, principles, theories and practices
- An in-depth grasp of SQL reporting, analytics, and business intelligence
- Strong understanding of unit testing and methodologies
- Assertive, energetic go getter, confident, resourceful, self-motivated, and professional
- A “Do What It Takes” mentality and commitment to ongoing learning
- Highly motivated to make a difference
- Possess the following competencies: Analytical Problem Solving, Continuous Learning, Initiative, and Technological Orientation
How To Apply
Apply through Leftronic.