Associate SQL Developer
The Columbia Sportswear Company is a company that manufactures and distributes outerwear, sportswear, and footwear, as well as headgear, camping equipment, ski apparel, and outerwear accessories. It was founded in 1938 by Paul Lamfrom, the father of Gert Boyle.
Portland, OR 97229, USA
12 Oct → 11 Nov
OUTGROWN YOUR OWN BACKYARD? COME PLAY IN OURS.
At Columbia, we’re as passionate about the outdoors as you are. And while our gear is available worldwide, we’re proud to be based in the Pacific Northwest, where natural wonders are our playground.
Every product we make and every task we undertake is inspired by the famous words of our founder Gert Boyle: “It’s perfect. Now make it better.” As pioneers of relentless improvement, we are constantly evolving.
We believe the outdoors is ours to protect and strive to keep our planet healthy. We believe in empowering people to experience the outdoors to the fullest.
And we believe in you.
Although we're an apparel and footwear focused company, technology is central to everything we do. Columbia Sportswear’s Global Information Services (GIS) teams enable an IT infrastructure across four global brands, a global supply chain, and 500+ geographically dispersed stores. These teams support in-store, mobile, and data platforms to enhance customer interface and service in an ever-evolving industry.
The Associate SQL Developer is involved in the planning, design, programming, implementation, documentation, and maintenance of complex business applications (software).
Columbia Sportswear Company and our portfolio of brands, including Columbia, SOREL, Mountain Hardwear and prAna, know a thing or two about adventures. After all, we've been on one since 1938, working to perfect the art of enjoying the outdoors. Behind everything we make is an employee who's found that the greatest adventure starts with joining a company that strives to do the right thing.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
At Columbia Sportswear Company (CSC), we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. CSC believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Design, build, test and maintain optimal solutions utilizing SQL, Python, DataBricks and other methods that support the business requirements
- Coordinate development activities with other groups and business partners as required
- Work directly with analysts to support the development of solutions that meet the business needs, identify missing data conditions or needs, and capture and align on scope
- Translate specs to solution requirements and technical requirements, validate with specific stakeholders, and obtain approval for design and approach to development
- Be involved in developing programming estimates for tasks in hours and duration. Monitor programming progress, tracking actual results compared to estimates
- Able to follow instructions and work in a team environment
- Self-driven and motivated to learn, asks the right questions to achieve goals
- Able to grasp new technologies rapidly, break down data issues and resolve them
- Curious and creative, always looking to deliver a superior product while working closely with a small scrum team
- Flexible and available to work off-hour support up to two weekends a month
- 2+ years work experience including software development in complex business environments
- Skill 2 Experience developing solutions utilizing SQL, Python, DataBricks and other methods that support the business requirements
- Experience with software development languages such as C#, .NET
- Experience with any of the following is a plus Experience in cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud) Background in Logility and/or Blue Yonder
How To Apply
Apply through Leftronic.