Quality Assurance Engineer
Redwood Trust, Inc. (NYSE: RWT) is a specialty finance company focused on making credit sensitive investments in residential loans and other mortgage-related assets, with the goal of delivering a stable and growing stream of attractive earnings and dividends for our shareholders. We also earn income through our residential mortgage banking activities.
Englewood, CO, USA
$75.000 - $90.000
13 Oct → 12 Nov
This role is a part of the RWT Technology team which is comprised of disciplined, dedicated, and talented IT professionals who are focused on making the Company a leader in financial technology innovation. With that goal in mind, we value communication, teamwork, and individuals that have a passion for their work. And we strive to actively solicit feedback at all levels within the organization, to continuously improve our processes. If you want to work with a like-minded team of hard-working individuals in a fast-paced and fun environment, you should apply.
The Quality Assurance Engineer will work cross-functionally within our organization. This role will work across multiple development teams and closely with the business to help orchestrate testing of cross-functional operations. This position is responsible for learning how multiple teams and products interact to deliver a larger end goal and, in that, helping to drive processes and procedures to ensure quality and timely delivery.
Redwood Trust, Inc. (NYSE: RWT) is a specialty finance company focused on making credit sensitive investments in residential loans and other mortgage-related assets, with the goal of delivering a stable and growing stream of attractive earnings and dividends for our shareholders. We also earn income through our residential mortgage banking activities. Redwood Trust, Inc. was established in 1994, is internally managed, and structured as a real estate investment trust (“REIT”) for tax purposes. For more information about our Company, please look up the Redwood Review, published quarterly, available on our website, redwoodtrust.com.
Please be aware that Redwood Trust requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. If the candidate has not yet received the COVID-19 vaccination they may do so through Redwood Trust and any offer is contingent on receipt of the first dose of the vaccine and requires the candidate to complete all doses of the vaccine. Redwood Trust is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
A reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role is $75K - $90K annually. The actual salary offer to the successful candidate will be based on job-related education, geographic location, training, licensure and certification, and other factors. Redwood also offers a competitive benefit package including discretionary corporate bonus program, multiple health plans, STD and LTD options, company sponsored life insurance, fitness reimbursement, paid parental leave, time to volunteer, Paid Time off, ESPP, and 401K matching.
- Create, execute, and maintain functional and regression test suites
- Report, track, and help determine priorities for enhancements and defects
- Actively support/troubleshoot escalated issues from both internal and external counterparts
- Develop test cases from technical specifications and business requirements.
- Create and maintain test cases and data sets required for test plans.
- Execute test cases capturing detailed documentation of test execution.
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and validate defect fixes.
- Effectively communicate testing status and test results in both verbal and written forms.
- Work with project team to ensure adequate test coverage.
- Collaborate with developers and business analysts to arrive at solutions.
- Support test lead in identifying risks and developing mitigation strategies.
- Participate in daily standup meetings.
- Manage and prioritize daily activities.
- Manage deadlines and deliverables, completing testing in allocated timelines and delivering results under pressure.
- 3+ years of software quality assurance; fintech focus is a plus
- Strong knowledge of Quality Assurance concepts and methodologies
- Formal test training certification preferred (i.e.: ISTQB CTFL)
- Hands on experience with API, functional, compatibility, acceptance/smoke testing, ad-hoc/exploratory, database, regression, staging testing
- Experience using issue tracking systems (Jira, Bugzilla, etc.) and test case management tools (qTest, Xray, etc.)
- Exceptional attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, startup-like environment
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, including the ability to solve complex problems in the face of time, pressure, and information/resource constraints
- Ability to manage continuously changing business needs
- Excellent multi-tasking and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
How To Apply
Apply through Leftronic.