This job post is no longer available
Quality Assurance Tester
American Airlines, Inc. is a major American airline headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas, within the Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex. It is the world's largest airline when measured by fleet size, scheduled passengers carried, and revenue passenger mile.
Fort Worth, TX, USA
13 Oct → 12 Nov
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Why you'll love this job
- Responsible for driving New Distribution Capabilities (NDC) Product innovation through extensive stakeholder input gathering and analysis, defining and measuring Objectives and Key Results to drive prioritization of efforts, communicating and achieving upcoming features, and delivering that vision through strong partnerships with our technology provider and IT partners.
- This role is part of the Distribution Team within the Digital and Distribution organization, part of the Customer Division.
- Provides Production Support and testing assistance with all phases of program and project activities that range from small to large and vary in scope.
- Helps identify and analyze resolution to issues that are raised by agencies/integrators.
- Plays a key role in preparation of test scripts, iterative testing with a developer, shared management of all direct connect project testing efforts.
- Maintains and updates various documents to ensure accuracy in project requirements and tracking.
- Prepares reports on project testing status.
- Develops product subject matter expertise.
- Helps troubleshoot technical issues and prioritize defect fixes and small enhancements among larger feature efforts.
- Partners closely with IT technical leads to develop solutions that deliver customer value quickly while reducing ongoing operational costs.
- 1 year related Airline/Reservations/Sales experience
- Experience with Agile, Quality Assurance testing, product ownership, project delivery
- XML/SOAP experience
- Ability to effectively analyze, and concisely present findings and strategies to senior leadership
- Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience
- Knowledge of Sabre PSS, Airline, Contact Center, GDS and NDC
- Proven ability to set priorities and manage day-to-day evolution of issues
- Must be well organized and detail oriented
- Strong analytical skills
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environment
What We offer
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
How To Apply
Apply through Leftronic.