AWS Cloud Engineer - REMOTE
Human achievement is at the heart of what we do. We put our belief into action by not only ensuring individuals and businesses are well protected, but by going even further – making an impact in ways that go beyond an insurance policy.
$97.280 - $145.920
13 Oct → 12 Nov
You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
This is a technical position that requires 5+ years of industry experience, as well as the engineering mindset to diagnose technical problems and build maintainable solutions. At The Hartford, our AWS cloud presence is growing and you will have a direct impact on the design and development of our cloud portfolio. You’ll have the opportunity to design, build, and innovate solutions that improve enterprise cloud computing and heighten security and compliance. The right candidate should be passionate for engineering- anything from simple solutions to complex problems to manage cloud operations in support of our enterprise usage of AWS cloud services. This role will be accountable for helping us administrate, manage and optimize our AWS resource usage, costs and adoption at the Enterprise level.
The listed annualized base pay range is primarily based on analysis of similar positions in the external market. Actual base pay could vary and may be above or below the listed range based on factors including but not limited to performance, proficiency and demonstration of competencies required for the role. The base pay is just one component of The Hartford’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term or annual bonuses, long-term incentives, and on-the-spot recognition.
Our company’s success is due to our employees’ dedication and passion for their work. They are our greatest asset. That’s why we are committed to offering employees and their families a comprehensive benefits package and award-winning well-being programs. By helping our employees achieve their full potential, we unlock our own. Visit https://www.thehartford.com/careers/benefits for details.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
- Building and supporting AWS cloud resources in a successful and optimal way.
- Automating manual cloud processes to improve workflow and better the cloud experience at an enterprise level.
- Actively engineer and implement compliance and security controls to allow internal developers to succeed with cloud products.
- Deep understanding of AWS cost structure and cost-saving initiatives.
- Lead architecture discussions to be sure solutions are crafted for successful and maintainable cloud deployments.
- Work with all lines of business to determine areas of cloud improvement and ways to develop with cloud best practices.
- Continue learning and building cloud knowledge into new services and solutions as they come to AWS.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related degree and 5+ years of cloud account administration, compliance and security experience on AWS
- Expertise with deploying workloads with AWS serverless architecture (ECS, EKS)
- Expertise in AWS IAM, including IAM best practices surrounding, roles, policies, and permission boundaries.
- Expertise in AWS resource deployment through CloudFormation
- Expertise in AWS build pipelines
- Working with agile development teams, methodologies and toolsets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills