IT Help Desk Representative
AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with 2020 sales of more than $4.5 billion. AMETEK has 17,000 colleagues at more than 150 operating locations, and a global network of sales, service and support locations in 30 countries around the world.
Brooklyn Park, MN, USA
$33.000 - $44.000
14 Oct → 13 Nov
AMETEK is a world-class global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annual sales of approximately $4.5 billion. Publicly traded on the NYSE since 1930 and a component of the S&P 500, AMETEK has over 16,500 colleagues at more than 150 operating locations in 30 countries around the world. Our mission is to solve our customers’ most challenging problems with differentiated technology solutions. AMETEK’s Growth Model combines four strategies: Operational Excellence, Strategic Acquisitions, Global & Market Expansion, and New Product Development.
Our core values — ethics, integrity, respect for the individual, diversity and inclusion, teamwork and social responsibility — are essential to doing business the right way. AMETEK believes that a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment are critical to the continued growth and success of the company. We seek to hire, develop, and retain individuals who embrace and thrive in our performance based, entrepreneurial culture. We are united by our common spirit of collaboration, creativity, and innovation, backed by the power
of a large, global company. To learn more about working at AMETEK visit http://careers.ametek.com
AMETEK MOCON currently has an opening for an IT Help Desk Representative to join our team at our Brooklyn Park, MN location. AMETEK MOCON is a world leader in the design and manufacturer of Permeation Instruments, Headspace Analyzers, Leak Detection Instruments, Online Dairy Analyzers, Industrial Safety Analyzers, GC Instruments and Sensors used in a number of markets such as Food, Beverage, Packaging, Petroleum, Safety, Electronic and Pharmaceutical. Website: www.ametekmocon.com
This role will be responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software. Responds to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problem, and determines and implements solution.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Respond to queries either in person or over the phone.
- Respond to email messages for customers seeking help.
- Walk customer through problem-solving process both locally and remotely.
- Ability to use remote tools to diagnose and problem solve.
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
- Run reports to determine malfunctions that continue to occur.
- Train computer users.
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
- Clean up computers
- Install, modify, repair and perform ongoing maintenance of computer hardware and software.
- Resolve technical problems with LAN, WAN, and other systems.
- Basic understanding of Windows OS / Servers, including but not limited to AD.
- Associates Degree in IT or related field
- Minimum Years of Work Experience: 1-3 years in a technical support environment
- Diagnostic and analytical skills for software and general IS application knowledge
- Strong computer literacy skills with an emphasis on software knowledge, installations and use. MS applications, Internet and internet protocols
- Basic computer abilities with the understanding of terminology and functionality.
- Ability to Prioritize while maintaining a positive attitude
- Excellent telephone presence with organized follow-up skills
- Ability to be proactive and able to take direction and establish ownership of projects.
- Demonstrated networking skills, able to foster strong relationships internally and externally.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer focus; service-oriented attitude
How To Apply
Apply through Leftronic