This job post is no longer available
Texas Instruments has been making progress possible for decades. We are a global semiconductor company that designs, manufactures, tests and sells analog and embedded processing chips. Our more than 80,000 products help over 100,000 customers efficiently manage power, accurately sense and transmit data and provide the core control or processing in their designs, going into markets such as industrial, automotive, personal electronics, communications equipment and enterprise systems.
Dallas, TX, USA
$80.000 - $110.000
27 Oct → 26 Nov
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping about 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
Texas Instruments is looking for an experienced Application Database Administrator to join our team. This position supports databases used in the Mfg environment used to make all of TI’s products throughout the world.
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Vaccine verification will be required on your start date unless an exemption has been approved by TI as a medical or religious accommodation.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.
- Drive performance optimization of Databases in the Design and Manufacturing Systems domain
- Develop a working knowledge of the application data needs and Monitor/Understand transactions in/out of databases, data growth patterns, query performance and devise strategies (query tuning, database tuning, other) to maintain optimal performance of the DBs
- Stay on top of index creations, optimizer/analyzer performance to avoid deteriorating DB performance
- Drive development/creation of appropriate metrics to monitor the environment and detect early signals of any issues leading to quick resolutions
- Liaison to the application team and influence them on query changes/enhancements as appropriate
- Work very closely with ITOPs DBAs in ensuring a robust performance of all DBs
- Work with Vendor (where appropriate) to address issues/problems
- Determine other database environments in the industry (time series databases, distributed databases etc) and drive bringing in the right solution for the right application domain
- Own and Influence strategic direction of critical short & long term architecture roadmaps to provide stability, scalability & growth across a broad spectrum of IT DB solutions
- Work and Influence across a broad spectrum of technical experts and managers
- Provide on-call support
- Bachelor’s degree in an Information Technology, Computer Science or related field
- 5 years’ experience with Databases (oracle and/or others)
- Excellent understanding of Oracle core database architecture and concepts (Differences between Oracle versions, capabilities, shortcomings/gaps and their impact to operations)
- Excellent knowledge of SQLs, QueryPerformance and tuning
- Detailed knowledge of Oracle features such as but not limited to index creations, optimizer/analyzer
- Detailed understanding of RAC (Real Application Cluster) approach, OID (Oracle Internet Directory), Automatic Storage Management (ASM)
- Understanding of the various DB solutions (time series DBs, distributed DBs, other) available in the industry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot and resolve complex problem situations and design/develop/test solutions and enhancements to keep databases available
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
- Ability to effectively communicate to all layers of the organization
- Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
- Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
- Ability to work effectively in an interrupt-driven, fast-paced and rapidly changing environment across time zones
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, influential relationships
- Possess strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
How To Apply
Apply through Leftronic