PAR Government started as Pattern Analysis and Recognition (PAR) Corporation in 1968. PAR's initial technical focus was applied to one and two-dimensional signal processing algorithm development. PAR also developed and sold commercial point of sales (POS) systems to the restaurant industry.
PAR Government is a recognized a leader in the processing of geospatial imagery and video streams, and real-time situational awareness. We currently have a unique opportunity for an experienced developer to work with intersection or all of applications of technology supporting fire, police, and other emergency first responders, as well as others that put themselves in harm’s way to help when and where needed. The incumbent will perform work related to all aspects of developing software on the desktop and cloud platforms. This includes UX/UI and software design, software development, integration, and testing. Ability to understand and develop requirements from stories gathered from existing users, and prioritizing competing tasks is a must.
It is the policy of PAR to prohibit all forms of discrimination and to affirmatively implement equal opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, veteran status, national origin, disability, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other legally protected status and positive action shall be taken to insure the fulfillment of this policy.
- Work with various team members and users to deeply understand user needs and ideate solutions
- Read and understand both functional and non-functional software and system requirements
- Develop intuitive workflows to understand and communicate complex information under stressful situations
- Adhere to secure coding best practices while maintaining high levels of performance
- Bachelor's degree with two or more years of experience in Java required with additional experience in Ruby on Rails, Django, and Flask highly desired.
- Experience working in an AWS environment with an understanding of cloud native services
- Understanding uses of NITF, SAR, and hyperspectral imagery helpful
- Familiarity with FMV and video streaming applications desired
- User experience / user interface design
- Java Swing and JavaFX
- Web Sockets, TLS, SSL
- Domain experience in geospatial systems
- Experience with development tools such as Jenkins, GitHUB, SonarQube
How To Apply
Apply through Leftronic.