Full Stack Engineer, Developer Experience (DevEx)
As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
02 Jun → 02 Jul
As an engineer on the DevEx team, you are responsible for maintaining and building the internal tools that power the development, test, and sandbox environments. As part of this role, you are encouraged to research and test modern infrastructures to improve developers' workflows, while collaborating with the many other teams that service VoxMedia. In addition to these duties, you handle developer's support requests, and thus face a lot of context switching. Sometimes we know the answers, other times we don't, and that's okay. We expect you to collaborate with coworkers to the best of your ability and to maintain a curious disposition. Bonus points if you can laugh at yourself.
For more on the things we're building, the problems we're solving, and what it's like to work with the Product, Design & Technology teams, see our Product Team blog . In an effort to provide an inclusive and respectful working environment, all team members adhere to our code of conduct .
Are you passionate about this opportunity, but worried that you don't have 100% of the experience we're looking for? We still want to hear from you!
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
- Build internal tools that assist the company's engineers in their workflows leading up to the point of merging & deploying their code
- Provide support for engineers on the tooling we provide for development, testing, and general automation, including:
- Writing skeleton code and configuration templates
- Writing and updating documentation
- Making yourself available to engineers to troubleshoot issues
- Take part in our weekly on-call rotation, where you will respond to alerts in the case of a service's outage
- Familiar with, or eagerness to learn about, automation tooling like Github Actions
- Experienced with how language frameworks, release, and use dependencies such as node modules or Ruby gems
- Excited about the potential of cloud computing platforms (bonus: experience with administration on AWS, Google Cloud, or similar)
- Are ready to work online with a fully remote team
- Have a history of working across teams, regularly reaching out to and/or fielding requests from people you don't already know
- A self-starter, willing to take on challenges that will improve your users' experience
- Are ready to teach and communicate to people the "why" behind technical decisions
How To Apply
Apply through Leftronic.