Jr. PHP Web Developer
Coppin State University is a public historically black university in Baltimore, Maryland. It is part of the University System of Maryland and a member of the Thurgood Marshall College Fund. In terms of demographics, the Coppin State student population is 76% female and 83% Black or African American.
Baltimore, MD 21216, USA
24 Dec → 23 Jan
Coppin State University’s Information Technology Division is seeking a highly motivated, passionate, innovative individual to fill the position of Jr. PHP Web Developer. Under the direction of the Lead Digital Applications Developer, the Jr. PHP Web Developer will play an integral role in supporting the design, development, maintenance, and enhancement of the Coppin State University website and web applications. The Jr. PHP Web Developer will collaborate with University groups and web liaisons to build an excellent, five-star web presence that supports the University’s mission.
Being a member of Coppin’s Information Technology Division offers an innovative work environment, opportunity for a hybrid work setting (some days telework and some days on-campus), professional growth, and the chance to complete training in your field. Further, this position offers a host of benefits including: annual, holiday, personal and sick leave; health benefits; tuition remission and reimbursement; and more. If you feel this would be a good fit, apply today!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to quickly prioritize while managing multiple projects and on-going requests.
- Creative thinking with attention to detail.
- Ability to identify and correct web-related problems.
- Self-starter with ability to dive in with minimal direction.
- Excellent skills in documentation and verbal/written communication.
- Able to communicate with both non-technical users and team members in a professional and courteous manner.
- Create and update standards compliant, responsive websites and web pages while ensuring accessibility, usability, cross-browser compatibility, and security.
- Work with internal stakeholders to create and enhance websites.
- Track, gather, proofread, and process incoming content from departmental liaisons while ensuring content is posted with accuracy and uses correct tone, grammar, spelling, and style.
- Perform quality assurance testing and troubleshoot coding errors.
- Provide feedback and recommend design and technology changes to improve website design and functionality.
- Train and provide support and documentation to content editors on the website content management system.
- Perform other related duties as required by management.
- 2+ years of web development experience in a professional environment.
- Proficiency using the Drupal web content management system.
- Proficiency with Git and GitHub.
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator
- Experience with Google Analytics is preferred
How To Apply
Apply through Leftronic.