We love a challenge. We are a team of software developers and systems engineers who design, build, and test solutions to solve complex problems every day. We focus in two primary areas – systems engineering and operations support – and serve as a reliable partner for customers such as the US Navy, NASA, and the Department of Homeland Security.
Crane, IN, USA
09 Jun → 09 Jul
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the locally established essential functions and meet the physical and environmental demands described below satisfactorily.The requirements listed below are representative of the physical and environmental conditions required of the employee on the job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, physical, and environmental demands.
- Provides support in maintaining, troubleshooting, and upgrading the core network infrastructure.This includes core domain controllers, end workstations, systems drawing/documentation, maintain current designs and well as developing future design requirements.Journeyman level support for System Architects.
- Provides support and oversight in maintaining, troubleshooting, and upgrading application servers, SAN storage for production, domain controllers, and test and development environments. These may include Linux based systems. Ensures that software updates, patches and configurations are maintained to current standards, assists with account creations and permission granting as well monitoring and tweaking system parameters to maximize system performance.
- Provides the lead and oversight in maintaining, troubleshooting, and upgrading the core systems infrastructure.
- Provides support in the configuration and maintenance of servers / software installation. Provides support in the area of IA support ensuring that all necessary patches and upgrades have been properly installed and configured. Performs scanning and other means of validation to identify potential threats as well as confirming proper configuration has been met. Areas of support include Linux / Unix based systems.
- Ensures optimal system uptime for an array of systems within the scope of the NSWC Crane.
- Extensive experience with Linux / Unix.
- Advanced knowledge of system vulnerabilities and security issues
- DNS, Replication, Group Policy experience in a distributed environment.
- Ability to respond to help desk requests after hours on a limited basis
- Good communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred with 2-3 years' experience
- High School/Associate's Degree and eight 5-8 years of directly related experience.
- Certifications for IAM / IAT Level I / II in accordance with DoDInst 8570 (Security +)
- Security Clearance
- Works independently with minimal supervision.
How To Apply
Apply through Leftronic.