AWS Solution Architect
Leidos is a science and technology solutions leader working to address some of the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and healthcare markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers.
New Orleans, LA, USA
29 Dec → 28 Jan
Are you interested in improving and shaping the delivery of IT projects? We are seeking an AWS Solution Architect motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment for professional growth, and is interested in supporting large information technology projects for of our clients, who is one of the top 10 largest electric companies in the U.S., headquartered in New Orleans.
The AWS Solution Architect will design, develop, deploy and support technical solutions in a collaborative team environment. This position requires an experienced, self-motivating individual capable of performing in a fast-paced development environment, as well as interacting effectively with key customers and users.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
- Participate in process flow analysis and process redesign along with Business and IT Product Owners
- Produce a detailed functional design document to match customer requirements
- Collaborate to determine the most appropriate technical strategy and designs to meet business needs
- Provide current best practice and 3rd Party solution alternatives as part of the functional design document
- Produce a technical specification for custom development and systems integration requirements
- Design workflows and assignment rules to automate manual processes
- Create and maintain system-related documentation, such as business requirements, process flows, data maps, configuration worksheets, etc.
- Evaluate and assist with multi-tier AWS applications moving from DEV to TEST/STAGING to PROD
- Monitor networking and costs to manage customer’s needs
- Collaborate with customer’s Security team to meet all security requirements
- Present to customer architectural plans and work with Project Managers/Product Owners to handle projections and Change Requests as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree with 8+ years’ experience. High school diploma with an additional 4 years’ experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Current AWS Solution Architect or related AWS certifications
- Knowledge of Python/JSON/YAML helpful
- Knowledge of Service Now helpful
- Strong requirements and design documentation skills are a must
- Ability to understand business requirements and convert them into solution designs
- Ability to ask the right questions to define a solution
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- 5 plus years of experience in a consulting environment is preferred
How To Apply
Apply through Leftronic