This job post is no longer available
"Listen. Think. Innovate." Our goal is to innovate alongside our customers to transform their operations using IT. We support significant agency programs and work to partner with our customers to deliver quality and innovative IT solutions with our “Listen. Think. Innovate.” philosophy. Our customers include the US Department of Defense and US civil agencies, including Department of State and the Department of Interior.
$55 - $76
04 Jan → 03 Feb
Selected applicants may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
The purpose of this contract is to provide Network Control Center Services support to USAFE A6 and other USAFE units. This specific role is to provide Database Specialist support to 48th CS.
As required by Executive Order 14042 and the Guidance issued by the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the employee’s location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. If selected, you will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination by January 18, 2022 or if selected, by your first day of employment if hired after January 18, 2022. The Company will provide additional information regarding what information or documentation will be needed and how, in limited situations, you can request a legally required exception from this requirement.
Agile Defense is an Information Technology Solutions provider committed to partnering with our customers to deliver the highest level of service to our customers. We provided Information Technology (IT) services to the U.S. Government, including several United States Civil agencies and various branches within the U.S. Department of Defense.
Agile Defense has established a solid reputation of partnering with our customers to deliver innovative IT solutions with our "Listen. Think. Innovate." philosophy.
At Agile Defense, we know that our employees are our most important asset. We believe in our responsibility to our fellow employees, customers, company, and to our country. We promote teamwork, integrity, and creativity; we expect our fellow employees to also live these values.
- Design and implement the technical infrastructure relating to databases.
- Perform database utility functions and daily maintenance.
- Monitor database and application availability and performance.
- Provide maintenance and support of the Windows development and test application environments.
- Implement database, code, and script changes in the production environment.
- Install new releases of MS Structure Query Language (SQL) Server based applications.
- Troubleshoot application issues related to database access.
- Back up support for Progress database application environment.
- Provide and be able to execute Database recovery procedures.
- DoD-approved IAT Level II certification, i.e. Security +CE.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to research and solve complex issues independently.
- Ability to apply troubleshooting techniques to quickly resolve server hardware and software errors/problems.
- Extensive knowledge of data processing, hardware platforms, and enterprise software applications.
- Strong working knowledge skills with Microsoft Office Products & Remedy Ticket System.
- Extensive knowledge with Microsoft SQL Server and server based applications.
- Technical experience with networking, databases, web development and user support.
- Skills with progressive experience administering enterprise applications.
- Experience with VMware virtualization environments.
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes.
- A results-oriented individual who thrives working in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a high pressure on-all environment with changing priorities.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate in a clear speaking voice as well as the ability to respond clearly to questions.
- Aptitude to address negative situations, and resolve them in a positive manner.
- Light – 20 lbs. Maximum lifting with frequent lift/carry up to 10 lbs. A job is light if less lifting is involved but significant walking/standing is done or if done mostly sitting but requires push/pull on arm or leg controls.
- Physical Requirements Required: Stand or Sit, Walk, Repetitive Motion, Use Hands / Fingers to Handle or Feel, Stoop, Kneel, Crouch, or Crawl, Talk or Hear, See, Push or Pull, Climb (stairs, ladders) or Balance (ascend / descend, work atop, traverse)
How To Apply
Apply through Leftronic