Software engineer II (Seattle OR Remote)
Starbucks is committed to caring for the health and well-being of our partners and customers as we serve our communities through the lens of Our Mission and Values, and continue to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic.
Seattle, WA, USA
12 Jan → 11 Feb
this role is open to fully digital work
Payments and Anti-Fraud Technology is an exciting and fast-evolving engineering group within Starbucks Technology. Our mission is to protect, deliver, and optimize industry-leading payment experiences at Starbucks. For this role, the focus will be on developing solutions that support our in-app and web-based digital payment services.
At Starbucks we live these values:
Creating a culture of warmth and belonging, where everyone is welcome.
Acting with courage, challenging the status quo, and finding new ways to grow our company and each other.
Being present, connecting with transparency, dignity, and respect.
Delivering our very best in all we do, holding ourselves accountable for results.
We are performance-driven, through the lens of humanity.
If you like what you see, are passionate about Starbucks' mission, and think that working for one of the Top 10 Most Admired Companies in the World sounds like your cup of coffee, drop us a line, and let's talk!
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at [email protected]
- Contribute directly to moments of connection for millions of daily customers
- Build secure, innovative, highly performant, resilient, scalable, and extensible software solutions
- Establish complex business capabilities and platform features
- Deliver high quality software using Agile/Scrum development methodologies
- Drive the realization of strategic initiatives and operational improvements
- 4+ years of professional industry experience with software development in C# or Java
- Strong software engineering fundamentals including knowledge of design patterns and OO coding principles
- Experience with architecture, design, implementation, and delivery of secure services that perform at scale
- Experience working with distributed systems and architectures, including SOA, SaaS, and microservices approaches
- Experience with cloud implementations in Azure or AWS
- Experience with relational and non-relational, NoSQL databases
- Experience in delivering a significant component or feature of a scalable service
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Experience with financial, payments or fraud detection systems is a plus
- A passion to demonstrate that the above is simply a punch-list and a drive to constantly improve yourself & the partners around you
How To Apply
Apply through Leftronic.