Network Operations Engineer - Entry Level Opportunity
As one of the world’s leading providers of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, Verizon is transforming the way people, businesses and things connect. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our aspirations and shared purpose, committed to shaping the future.
Ashburn, VA, USA
$53 - $73
13 Jan → 12 Feb
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
This entry-level role – which is part of the Verizon Campus Program – will give you a chance to channel your drive and enthusiasm. You’ll be front and center, hands-on and contributing your creative energy to high-impact projects from the moment you arrive. You will put your degree to use and gain experience in a new field through on-the-job training. As part of the Global Network & Technology organization, you will help keep our customers all over the world connected with their work.
You must be currently enrolled in a degree program and in good academic standing to be considered.
If you are interested in other roles and locations in addition to this one, please submit your application to those postings as well in order to be considered.
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable, and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
- Learning layer 1 - layer 3 network technology and equipment.
- Providing network management activities in response to network alarms or events.
- Work with various Core NMC teams to understand and implement automation schemes.
- Leverage data analytics to drive strategic initiatives within the Core NMC.
- Report project status and provide accurate and concise documentation.
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree program in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science, Telecommunications, Engineering, Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, Information Science, Computer Information Systems or related majors with an expected completion date by August 2022.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
- Willingness to work in Ashburn, VA.
- Strong analytical skills, communication, leadership, and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with routing, network protocols, switches, firewalls, load and balancers is a plus.
How To Apply
Apply through Leftronic