This job post is no longer available
Inserso provides comprehensive IT services for federal agencies. Inserso specializes in the management, development and sustainment of IT systems and solutions, including mission-centric system development and sustainment, Infrastructure & Cloud, Cyber Security, and IT Operations Support. Inserso has supported over 200 IT projects serving more than 40 customers such as GSA, US Army, US Air Force, US Navy, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), Defense Health Agency (DHA), and Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
Reston, VA, USA
$77.000 - $98.000
20 May → 19 Jun
Inserso is seeking Network Administrators to provide support to our DHS customers worldwide. This position provides onsite and remote Tier 2 support that requires prompt action and quick resolution of user IT issues to minimize downtime.
These IT issues include hardware, software, applications, network diagnostics, cloud and other IT services, as requested.
The Network Administrator reports to a Team Lead and provides IT Field Operations (ITFO) support for 24x7 LANs and associated applications, peripherals, connectivity, and end-users in a Service Desk supported Tier II environment.
This position relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job while working independently and/or under immediate supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Provide LAN administrator support with the installation, configuration and maintenance of network communication devices, servers, network storage arrays and tape backup units
- Provide support of network attached devices such as computers, printers, fax machines, biometric devices, electrocardiograms, x-ray machines, smart display, and sensors.
- Provide support of mobile and wireless devices to include smartphones, tablets and hotspots
- Assist in testing, applying and maintaining server configurations and related security patches
- Assist in maintaining and checking the health of systems and backups to include restore testing
- Monitors ITSM (ServiceNow) assignment groups and applies troubleshooting needed to resolve tickets
- Update tickets following documentation templates and/or guidelines to ensure quality requirements are met
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly activity reports describing activities accomplished in a timely manner
- Provide inventory support and input to the provided inventory system for the customer
- Responsible for installing and maintaining VTC infrastructure to include assisting with user requests
- Participate in pre-scheduled after-hours support of weekly on-call rotation and/or as a team member supporting special projects or events
- Conduct or provide new equipment deployments and/or requested deployment support
- Provide cabling support and run cables within data centers, LAN rooms and remote wiring closets
- Analyzes functional business requirements and design specifications for functional activities.
- Effectively contribute to technical discussions and develop and present required briefing materials to ensure the customer’s needs are met
- Should provide identification/fixing for the problems within existing systems design/implementation of new systems, enhances the existing systems and participates in analysis, design and new construction of next generation IT systems.
- Associate Degree or equivalent experience
- 13 years of related work experience
- 8 years of IT-related support experience, preferably through progressive technical roles
- 3 years’ experience of IT support in an Enterprise environment (10,000+ end-users)
- 1+ year experience in a lead technical role or supervisory position supporting a group of 5 or more
- A working knowledge in various software systems and architectures, communications protocols: and network hardware devices
- Experience evaluating system performance results and recommending improvements or optimizations
How To Apply
Apply through Leftronic.