This job post is no longer available
Software Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
Business Wire, a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, is the global market leader in commercial news distribution.
$76.100 - $96.300
20 May → 19 Jun
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global market leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure. We are on a mission to redefine how organizations connect with their audiences - and that’s just the beginning!
You will provide tactical leadership during test projects, adjusting priorities to support the test and quality needs for the Business Wire applications. You will be continually pushing the boundaries of what (and how) we test, and you will constantly be looking for ways to improve our processes to yield ever-better quality outcomes.
- Run automated tests, whether locally or through a build system, troubleshoot and diagnose errors and failures, and fix them.
- Partner with QA to determine of what tests to automate and what automated tests to run.
- Participate in developing, enhancing, and maintaining tools/applications for a test automation framework supporting automated functional testing using a combination of off-the-shelf and custom built-systems.
- Follow processes and standards for test automation and test code.
- Create automated tests for functional/GUI validation of company products and related components.
- 4+ years of QA experience; you should have a deep understanding of QA standards and software project lifecycle.
- Direct experience with a unit test runner, preferably pytest.
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming (in a language that’s not Java, for example Python).
- Experience with the validation and/or development of enterprise-class software applications.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in manual and automatic software testing methodology, test development, and test execution.
- Strong experience actually writing automated tests, against web sites, services, APIs (REST and SOAP), and integrations between applications.
- Experience with Agile methodologies, and with testing in an Agile context.
- Experience with open source test tools, like Selenium, Cypress and Appium.
- Hands on experience designing and building a test automation framework using open-source tools would be a plus.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, and perform tasks under minimal supervision
How To Apply
Apply through Leftronic.