Senior iOS Engineer
Block is Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, TBD, and our foundational teams such as Counsel, Finance, and People that provide guidance at the corporate level. These are our building blocks, united by our shared purpose of economic empowerment. Together we’re creating tools to help expand access to the economy.
San Francisco, CA, USA
23 Jun → 23 Jul
UI Systems is building Block’s universal design system. This new design system will be deployed across all of Block’s seller facing products on iOS, Android and web, plus promote our public marketing website. This includes our flagship products Point of Sale, Square Register, and Square Terminal. Put simply, this team is building the new public face of Square.
We’re not only building a design system, though: our mandate is wider than that. UI Systems is also building the core UI frameworks and tools needed to make building, testing, and maintaining UI easy and fast at scale: we’re supporting nearly 200 mobile engineers (and growing!) with our work across Android and iOS.
- Build high availability and highly resilient systems which can accept and accurately report payments no matter the network or device conditions.
- Collaborate with iOS, Android, and Server engineers to ship features.
- Work closely with product managers and designers to iterate on and define product scope and design.
- Respond to customer feedback to continuously improve our products.
- 7+ years of iOS development experience and an excellent command of engineering fundamentals
- Demonstrated collaboration with co-workers on cross-functional teams and in other locations
- Desire to understand developer pain points, jobs-to-be-done, and strong sense of ownership
- Be proficient in Swift and/or Objective-C for development (we use both).
- Enjoy working on mobile apps at all levels – from networking up to user interfaces and whatever’s in between.
How To Apply
Apply through Leftronic.