NGS Data Quality Engineer
The National Football League is America's most popular sports league, comprised of 32 franchises that compete each year to win the Super Bowl, the world's biggest annual sporting event. Founded in 1920, the NFL developed the model for the successful modern sports league, including national and international distribution, extensive revenue sharing, competitive excellence, and strong franchises across the board.
Inglewood, CA 90301, USA
$72.800 - $92.200
04 Aug → 03 Sep
Whether you are looking to join our NFL League office in New York City, NFL Films office based in Mt. Laurel, New Jersey, the NFL Media offices in Inglewood, California or one of our international offices, on your journey you will be met with the excitement that comes with working for the NFL.
We consider ourselves to be stewards of the game of football and most importantly, we consider working for the NFL to be fun. There is a fulfillment unlike any other that comes from working alongside like-minded individuals to achieve a common purpose. Whether you are working to deliver a memorable Super Bowl or play a hand in the process of delivering games to millions of fans on Sundays— we believe all of us play an important role in helping to fulfill the NFL’s mission of working to unite people and inspire communities.
The NFL's Next Gen Stats team is seeking associates for its player tracking project to help with game data review and verification. Candidate will work closely with Next Gen Stats engineering team by assisting the team in reviewing all plays during live games in preseason and on Sundays during regular season, ensuring data is correct and making necessary changes when it is not. The ideal candidate for this position loves football and enjoys immersing themselves in data and finding insights. Candidates must be self-motivated and available on Sundays for the entirety of the season (Aug-Jan). NOTE: This is a remote position on Sundays only during the NFL season.
Other Key Attributes / Characteristics
- This is a remote position.
- Must work game days during preseason (Thu-Sun) and Sundays during regular season.
- Candidates must be available for all 18 Sundays during regular season.
- A reliable internet connection is required, everything else will be supplied.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. No relocation or visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Expected Hours of Work
- 4 hours per game / 8 hours on Sundays
- The NFL maintains a Flexible Workplace Policy that provides members of our workforce with opportunities to periodically work from a location of their choice, while maintaining a priority on in-person work at an NFL office, which enables us to more effectively collaborate, connect and build a workplace culture that will drive our continued success.
- We also continue to prioritize the health and safety of our NFL workforce. Consistent with that commitment, considering the substantial and growing body of evidence that vaccinations remain the most effective protection against the spread the COVID-19, we require that members of our NFL workforce be fully vaccinated. Exceptions are available only for those who need an accommodation for a qualifying disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice.
- The NFL is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment that reflects our incredibly diverse fan base. We provide an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all employees and applicants without regard to status as protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Review and verify data on all plays during live games
- Ensure all plays have data and video mapped properly
- Confirm player participation on a play-by-play basis
- Confirm all advanced statistics are created post play
- Make necessary changes to data when incorrect using in house developed web-based tools
- Strong football knowledge
- Must be computer savvy (Chrome, Slack, Google Docs/Sheets, Zoom, etc.)
- Detail-oriented and reliable
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Hands on experience with data manipulation a plus
How To Apply
Apply through Leftronic.