Cloud to Street is the leading flood mapping platform designed to protect the world’s most climate-vulnerable communities. By harnessing global satellites, advanced science, and community intelligence, we monitor worldwide floods in near real-time and remotely analyze local flood exposure at a click of a button.
Brooklyn, NY, USA
$121.000 - $153.000
22 Sep → 22 Oct
Cloud to Street is a top climate tech start-up and the world’s leading remote flood analytics platform. We use global satellites, AI, models, and community intelligence to monitor flood risk and flooding in real-time. Seeded by Google, our paradigm-shifting science made the cover of Nature and is the base for our property technology. Today, governments across almost 20 countries have used our platform for disaster relief and to protect over 300 million people. We launched the first commercial parametric flood insurance product to protect climate-vulnerable communities.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to own and iterate on our internal software development processes and external service deployment. As part of a small engineering team, you will provide key input on technical design decisions and participate in a variety of different engineering products.
Role based in Brooklyn, NY, but remote work possible for the right candidate from Eastern to Pacific Time Zones
Cloud to Street is devoted to building an inclusive and diverse company. Black, Indigenous, and people of color; women, queer people, and all gender identities, and individuals with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
- Develop and maintain the cloud infrastructure to support our products, with a focus on scalability and reliability
- Define internal processes that will empower engineers and scientists across the company to be more efficient and deliver more reliable products
- Provide key input in technical discussions and code reviews for engineers across the company
- 1+ years of experience as a DevOps engineer working in a team environment
- Experience deploying and monitoring cloud infrastructure, preferably in GCP
- Experience working with distributed, asynchronous microservices and data pipelines in the cloud
- Experience bootstrapping efficient internal software development processes
- Excellent in Python, comfortable in many programming languages
- Strong opinions on system design choices with awareness of tradeoffs
- Eager to design and implement future-proofed systems
- Eager to empower other team members’ success
- Eager to use engineering to reduce the impact of catastrophic flooding
What We offer
- Generous vacation package
- Healthcare & dental insurance
- Professional development fund
- Paid parental leave
- Work from home office support
How To Apply
Apply through Leftronic.