Jr DevOps Engineer
FirstBank, sometimes referred to as 1STBank, is a Colorado-based and privately held bank and financial services company that owns over 115 FirstBank locations in three states in the Southwestern U.S.: Colorado, Arizona, and California.
Lakewood, CO, USA
$65.000 - $85.000
12 Jul → 11 Aug
The Jr DevOps Engineer will provide support in the development and maintenance of automation needs across FirstBank applications products, projects, and services. Collaborate with the development, infrastructure, database administrators and quality assurance teams to improve the continuous integration and delivery processes through automation, tools, and process. Provide support to a cross-functional Software Delivery teams with the evaluation and implementation of the process changes and tools to be utilized. Document procedures and processes across products, projects and workflows. Participate in Dev Ops Center of Excellence by providing insight and technical assistance.
Statement of Benefits
FirstBank offers a suite of benefits that support our employees’ professional, financial, physical, emotional and spiritual well-being. Benefits currently offered with our positions include: Paid Time Off/paid leave programs, 401K/Employee Stock Ownership, United Healthcare medical, MetLife dental, VSP vision, Employee tuition reimbursement, Volunteer Time Off, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Group Life Insurance/AD&D
FirstBank is an EOE/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law. FirstBank does not permit pay inequities. Anyone who believes they have been subject to pay inequity should immediately report their concerns to the Human Resource Department.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor???s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Relocation assistance is not provided and this is not a remote position. FirstBank does not sponsor work visas.
- Develop and support automation infrastructure, tools, and processes
- Support DevOps concepts and practices by encouraging cross-functional communication, collaboration and design.
- Perform coding, testing, and maintenance on existing programs with some direction and supervision
- Provide support in the implementation of automation frameworks for Web based and Windows applications .
- Participate and support in team design, specification, and code reviews
- Collaborate with Test Automation, Infrastructure, and Development teams to create and evolve policies, best practices, and frameworks for distributed system automation needs
- Work under general supervision; typically report to a manager. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required
- Assist with, and contribute to the Dev Ops Center of Excellence
- Pursue educational opportunities to expand knowledge and improve skills through workshops, classes, seminars, and bank operations training
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
- Understand and comply with all provisions of the Safety in the Workplace policy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences, other technical field, or business preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of Dev Ops experience
- Knowledge of automation scripting techniques using Python, yaml, Groovy, BASH, PowerShell, Java, and/or related technologies
- Working knowledge of CI/CD tools including Jenkins, Ansible, Artifactory
- Exposure to cloud technologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Understanding of products, services, processes and applications, in order to effectively support the automation focus for small to mid-size projects
- Technical understanding of FirstBank’s environments
- Strong customer service skills
- Base understanding of automation infrastructure, tools, and processes