Data Scientist (Blockchain Protocols)
Operational Intelligence for Blockchain Networks
Metrika is a well-funded US-based startup building the world's premier operational intelligence platform for blockchain. Metrika works with a variety of organizations, such as blockchain vendors and associations, to help them and their community members analyze the performance, security, and reliability of their Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) networks.
As a Data Scientist, you will work across multiple client engagements and conduct in-depth data analyses that reveal key insights about the operational health of DLT networks. You will help lay the foundation for the premier operational intelligence platform for DLT networks. As a startup in a nascent industry, you will help build initial set of dashboards, alerts, and insights to provide visibility into network performance. You will identify trends and develop standardized solutions across clients that help us scale our impact in our engagements. Your work will be used to improve the resilience of their networks and create transparency around network operations for community members, and internally your analyses will develop into models that turn massive amounts of data into intelligence.
If you are passionate about exploring, analyzing, and making large amounts of data easy to understand and would love to work with a geographically distributed team in an avant-garde field, join us!
Please note: Our Engineering team is predominantly based in Europe. This position is currently open to those resident and currently able to work in the European Economic Area (EU, Norway, Liechtenstein), Switzerland, the UK as well the eastern United States/Canada (UTC-4/UTC-5 timezone)
Metrika Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.
- Explore and analyze blockchain data and develop an understanding of how blockchain networks work
- Analyze large amounts of data to identify trends and define higher-level insights that convey the operational health, performance, security and resilience of DLT networks.
- Identify data sources and define complex queries to answer ad-hoc client questions about their network.
- Standardize analyses and solutions across client engagements, with an emphasis on automation and scalability.
- Work with account owners to assess client needs and participate in client meetings when needed.
- Synthesize insights into models to predict network events and optimize network performance
- A bachelor's degree in Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or related field.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience using Python to manipulate data and draw insights
- Experience with relational databases and non-relational databases
- Experience with data visualization software (e.g., Kibana, Grafana, Tableau)
- The ability to communicate well with your team, both interactively and asynchronously, and that of being a positive, constructive team member
- Are familiar with blockchain technology
- Have experience in performing exploratory data analysis on heterogeneous data sets
- Have experience with basic statistical analysis
- Have experience in building, maintaining, improving dashboards that successfully convey business-critical KPIs
- Can use Python to ingest data from third-party APIs and systems into a database for processing
- Can use Python to clean up and prepare data for analysis
How To Apply
Apply through Leftronic.