This job post is no longer available
Catalina is a recognized leader in highly targeted, personalized digital media that drives, tracks and measures sales lift for leading CPG retailers and brands. Powered by the most extensive shopper database in the world, Catalina's mobile, online and in-store networks personalize the consumer's path to purchase, delivering $7.9 billion in relevant consumer value each year.
Chicago, IL, USA
14 May → 13 Jun
The Data Strategy & Solutions team at Catalina develops scalable data products for external clients, industry partners and internal stakeholders. This involves conceiving and developing new data solutions from initial concept, design, proof-of-concept, build, testing through production handoff. Our industry leading data assets span virtually all aspects of consumer intelligence from purchase history, media consumption, mobile location, demographics, product labels, etc. We make that data even smarter and more actionable via advanced machine learning, data science, statistics, and related analytics methodologies that operate on big data and modern cloud computing platforms. Our team is actively engaged in the strategy, evangelization and commercialization of these capabilities across our broad marketing solution suite.
This position will report directly to the SVP of the Data Strategy & Solutions team.
- Work with Product, Technology, Operations, Sales and Analytics to identify, design, build and deploy compelling capabilities with technology and processes that meet agreed to requirements and service levels
- Onboards, manages, integrates and transforms very large data sets to meet critical solution use cases
- Formulates mathematical models in an appropriate programming language or application to support working prototypes and new commercial data products
- Participates in the agile development process, leading project planning sessions with users, business analysts, and team members to gather and analyze business requirements
- Utilizes and stays current on applicable programming languages and software technologies
- Knows what quality means, strives for quality, designs for quality, tests and refines until a very high quality is achieved, and continuously improves
- Operates with minimal supervision and high personal accountability to the project and team (supervision by manager and product owner a couple of times per week)
- Ph.D. or Masters degree in computer science, machine learning, engineering, mathematics, statistics, operations research, decision science, or related discipline and 1+ years experience after graduate school in computation, data science, machine learning or related; OR Bachelor degree and 4+ years experience
- Excellent computing and software engineering skills with most of the following: python and R, cloud distributed computing (e.g., Azure, Databricks, Snowflake), machine learning frameworks (e.g., spark MLLib, tensorflow), UNIX, git, Agile development tools, concepts of data engineering
- Strong data analysis and manipulation experience with extremely large data, ideally with experience with both structured and unstructured data using modern cloud computing and legacy tools (e.g. SQL, NoSQL)
- Proven track record of being able to convince, design and build sophisticated data and analytic solutions to meet challenging business problems and opportunities
- Good written and verbal communications with the ability to construct cogent design documents, emails and PowerPoints
- Strong demonstrated customer focus, collaboration skills and proven ability to produce consistent results in a fast paced, highly collaborative and fluid business environment
- Ability to travel up to 25%
How To Apply
Apply through Leftronic.