This job post is no longer available
Duolingo is an American language-learning website and mobile app, as well as a digital language proficiency assessment exam. The company uses a freemium model: the app and the website are accessible without charge, although Duolingo also offers a premium service for a fee.
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
27 Aug → 26 Sep
Put language education in motion.
Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. With over 300 millions users, we are the most popular language learning application in the world. But we've got more left to do — and that's where you come in! You'll help us breathe life, personality, and story into characters and UI elements on our mobile apps, social media posts, videos, and more.
This role reports to the Art Director as a member of the Design team and partners closely with our Product, Marketing, and Content teams. At Duolingo, we take pride in our craft and agonize over high-quality design with a user-friendly (and fun) experience for everyone.
- Breathe life into character and UI designs
- Demonstrate mastery of The Principles of Animation
- Create original, entertaining animations for our apps, social media, and marketing campaigns while keeping characters on-model and appealing
- Work in a highly collaborative fashion with the Design, Product, and Engineering teams
- Consider the user experience surrounding the animations you create
- An online animation and motion graphics demo reel
- Skill and proficiency animating with Adobe After Effects
- Experience working in a tech company, agency, or animation studio
- The ability to juggle multiple projects in parallel from concept to implementation
- The ability to relocate to Pittsburgh, PA
- 3+ years of experience working at a high-paced animation studio or tech start-up
- Experience with illustration and character animation for mobile content
- Familiarity with Airbnb's Lottie
How To Apply
Apply through Leftronic