Network LAN/WAN Administrator
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
Cannon AFB, NM, USA
$69.000 - $86.000
08 Sep → 08 Oct
Jacobs is seeking a qualified Information Technology (IT) professional to support the USSOCOM SITEC II Enterprise Operations and Maintenance (EOM) contract. Your career at Jacobs enables USSOCOM to fulfill its mission to “Provide fully capable Special Operations Forces (SOF) to defend the United States and its interests and synchronize planning for global operations against terrorist networks.” As a member of our team, you will support the vice president of the Enterprise Operations Group (EOG) as we partner with SOF military and civilian members to provide world-class IT services and support that connects over 60,000 users around the world in the areas of software development/maintenance, network services, security, end-user computing, and test and evaluation.
- Network LAN/WAN Administrators perform tier one and two network support in accordance with the SIE OPORD. This position provides administration of network and communications systems, including, but not limited to, Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) systems. NA need solid technical skills and experience with a variety of network protocols, software, and hardware involved in LAN and WAN operations.
- The position requires strong troubleshooting, analytic and diagnostic skills, along with good communication abilities.
- This position requires comprehensive knowledge of Government hardware, software, and network components. Network LAN/WAN Administrators are responsible for creating monitoring reports and managing equipment logs, as well as ensuring the functionality of links.
- This position coordinates network administration and performance requirements with other members of the networking team; identifies, analyzes, and documents long-range requirements, and administers resources related to the enterprise network; prepare technical implementation plans that provide integrated solutions, including actions, milestones, timelines and critical paths required for complete solutions.
- This position researches applicable standards and requirements documents to assure network compliance. Network LAN/WAN administrators plan for and provide reasonable responsiveness in terms of network performance (e.g., availability, reliability, and throughput).
- This position prepares activity and progress reports for the Government regarding network performance initiatives.
- Administering the operation of LAN/WAN-related network services according to Government policies and procedures
- Coordinating and implementing network software and hardware upgrades
- Troubleshooting and resolving LAN/WAN performance, connectivity and related network problems
- Administering LAN/WAN security and malware control measures
- A minimum of four years of increasingly complex and progressive experience in
- implementing, administering, performing testing, and analyzing network systems.
- Candidates must have experience with current technologies and, where required for the task, emerging technologies.
How To Apply
Apply through Leftronic.