Java Software Developer
Smoothstack is an IT apprenticeship program that kick starts IT careers and delivers a singular source of targeted talent. Using immersive training Smoothstack cultivates individuals with the capacity and motivation to excel in fast-paced, agile environments.
421 8th Ave, New York, NY 10001, USA
28 Sep → 28 Oct
Smoothstack is an IT company that hires and develops tech talent and puts them to work on client projects with large to midsize companies across the U.S. We mainly specialize in Full Stack Java development, Cloud, DevSecOps, Networking, Cyber Security, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Business Intelligence (BI), Data Science, and Machine Learning related initiatives, both in the federal and commercial space. Our mission is dedicated to removing bias in hiring and increasing representation and diversity in IT.
All new hires will receive 12-16 weeks of paid remote training prior to being deployed to Smoothstack client projects!
Seeking developers who want to engage in challenging projects in cutting-edge technologies within a variety of sectors such as financial, health care, energy and federal.
We are looking for high-aptitude individuals who are passionate about technology and have a strong desire to learn and grow. The ideal candidate for this role is motivated, collaborative, energized and has a creative thought process. They are a team player possessing strong analytical as well as technical skills and are able to communicate the logic behind technical decisions. They must be comfortable working in an agile environment and have the ability to take the wheel when necessary.
Our internal training is designed to prepare you to get valuable hands-on field experience in simulated environments that mimic client environments.
What you need for this position:
- Basic knowledge of Java, C#, .Net, Python, SQL, or similar programming languages
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excitement and eagerness to learn new technologies
- Passion for IT development and desire to gain in-depth knowledge
- Interest in web programming and object-oriented design
- You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- BS in Computer Science or other STEM fields
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with Cloud solutions
Smoothstack is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Development in Java, Spring Boot, Microservices, API while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing, designing, developing and delivering high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications and deliver superior engineering outcomes
- Participate in technical solution and design discussions
- Perform proofs of concept and comprehensive solutions throughout the development lifecycle
- Utilize open source tools, automation, and cloud services to implement enterprise DevOps solutions
- Add new features while improving efficiency, reliability, and scalability to address client needs
- College degree (Bachelors or higher)
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- Two (2) years of hands on coding including projects attained through education/training (No prior professional experience required)
- A natural problem solver
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Willing to relocate anywhere in the US – Relocation assistance provided
What We offer
- Pay Package $60,000+
- Paid internal training
- Relocation assistance
- Health, vision & dental insurance
- Paid holidays
- Industry certifications
- Mentoring program
- Amazing company culture
How To Apply
Apply through Leftronic.