Advocate Aurora Health is the 11th largest not-for-profit, integrated health system in the United States. As a leading employer in the Midwest, Advocate Aurora Health employs more than 75,000 individuals including more than 22,000 nurses. Advocate Aurora is engaged in hundreds of clinical trials and research studies, and is nationally recognized for its expertise in cardiology, neurosciences, oncology and pediatrics.
Milwaukee, WI, USA
$67.000 - $90.000
01 Oct → 31 Oct
Advocate Aurora Health is a non-profit health care system with dual headquarters located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and Downers Grove, Illinois.
- Under general supervision, defines, creates, and maintains data models. Analyzes, tests, and implements physical database design supporting various business applications.
- Ensures data recovery, maintenance, data integrity and space requirements for physical databases are met.
- Maintains database dictionaries, performs backup and recovery, monitors standards and procedures and the integration of systems through database design and maintenance.
- Creates and maintains all databases required for development, testing, education and production uses.
- In collaboration with systems administration staff, performs capacity planning required to create and maintain the databases.
- Provides technical support to application development teams.
- Performs on-going relational database management system (RDBMS) performance monitoring and tuning.
- Closely monitors performance, identifies problems and implements solutions, and ensures the database is running at optimum speed and efficiency.
- Troubleshoots problems regarding the databases, applications and/or development tools.
- Plans and implements backup and recovery of the databases.
- Responds quickly to refresh data, verifies implementation of correct backup strategy, and supports recovery from loss of data caused by user or system error.
- Installs new versions of the databases and related tools and any other tools that access the databases.
- Controls migration of programs, database changes, reference data changes and menu changes through the development life cycle.
- Creates database schemas and subschemas.
- Implements and enforces security for all databases and authorizes new database users.
- Performs database reorganizations as required to assist performance and ensure maximum up time of the databases.
- Automates procedures at regular internals, uses tools to reorganize or defragment database table spaces, tables, and indexes.
- Puts standards into place to ensure that all applications design and code are produced with proper integrity, security and performance.
- Performs reviews on the design and code frequency to ensure adherence to site standards.
- Develops utilities for monitoring and evaluating data quality.
- Participates in on-call rotation and escalates issues as needed.
- Is available on a 24 hour schedule to analyze and solve problems which may develop in area of responsibility and expertise.
- Typically requires 3 years of experience in database administration that includes experiences in designing, modeling, developing and supporting large relational database management systems in one or more computing environments.
- Experience in logical and physical database design, hands-on data modeling techniques, and development methodology, physical schema design of table spaces, rollback segments, and data files.
- Experienced in the design of data extracts, migration, and queuing facilities.
- Proficiency in the concepts and practice of database normalization techniques.
- Strong working knowledge of database concepts/design/deployment, recovery techniques, performance monitoring and tuning. Ability to monitor and tune the database.
- Demonstrated ability for analytical and logical thinking.
- Ability to work on multiple in-process tasks simultaneously, set appropriate priorities and accomplish assignments in a thorough and timely fashion.Detail orientated, creative and self-motivated.
How To Apply
Apply through Leftronic