Web developer (PHP, WordPress, Magento)
YDO students, through our programs & collaborations, are able to participate in out-of-school enrichment spanning STEM disciplines, the performing & fine arts, and leadership development.
Dunwoody, GA 30350, USA
05 Oct → 04 Nov
Your Design Online is a web and application development company in midtown Atlanta. We’ve had the opportunity to work with some great companies on some really fun projects. You can learn more about us at www.yourdesignonline.com.
We are looking for a web developer with primary experience in PHP, in developing websites for WordPress, and in building W3C-standard, cross-browser compatible websites. Experience with Bootstrap would also be a great asset.
The position will initially be a 1099 contractor position with somewhat flexible hours. To be considered, you MUST BE LOCAL TO THE ATLANTA AREA and able to work in our office. No out of town or out of country candidates will be considered.
For immediate attention, please read through this entire job description, then apply at the link at the bottom of this post.
The web developer delivers business value to clients by proposing and delivering solutions that are based on clients’ current and future business operations. They are responsible for the planning, implementation, and quality of integrated technology solutions that generate client value.
We will review applicants and determine whom we wish to interview via phone. If the phone interview goes well, we will issue a test of your programming skills. The test likely requires a couple hours of your time, but will prove useful for you, even if we don’t end up working together. After analyzing your test results, we will select whom we wish to interview in person. We’re looking to hire immediately, but we want to make sure we hire the right person!
- –Must be a self-starter as well as a team player. Energetic is a plus.
- Must have the able to provision a project from beginning to end, from Photoshop to the browser; resourceful and creative; has experience in many areas, and knows where to look to find answers to issues that he/she may not know as well.
- Must be flexible. Able to work on multiple types of projects throughout any given day and manage priorities effectively.
- Must have a sense of humor.
- Must follow directions well, and suggest improvements where applicable. Education and Experience
- Some college education in a related field.
- Experience: 2+ years experience in professional web or application development. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Absolutely necessary: demonstrated technical leadership in the practice of HTML/CSS and PHP, MySQL databases, on Linux-based servers
- Absolutely necessary: 2 yrs minimum experience with WordPress development, responsive websites, some experience with e-commerce development
- Experience with Twitter Bootstrap or similar framework would be a huge plus!
- Experience with .NET, SQL, SEO, PPC a plus!
- Familiarity with mobile development (Android, iOS) a plus!
- General familiarity with best practices for content migration, search indexing, and search engine optimization
- Demonstrated ability to assess and optimize commercial software products and information infrastructure
- Effective presentation of technology solutions to clients. Strong verbal and written communications.
- Successful use of project planning methodologies to deliver high quality launches that are on-time and on-budget.
What We offer
- Stocked beer fridge (the good stuff)
- Endless supply of Monster Energy drinks
How To Apply
Apply through Leftronic.