Data security and privacy are among the most discussed topics lately.
It is something that all businesses and organizations strive for these days.
If you want to contribute to safety and security within these organizations, SAP Security Jobs are the way to go!
Most of the organizations view SAP security is a big challenge.
For a business to function effectively, it needs to implement SAP cybersecurity solutions at every level. SAP cloud security and non-cloud SAP applications in an enterprise are not enough to secure confidential data.
How big is SAP?
It may come as a surprise, but SAP is the 3rd biggest software company in the world. Trailing after Microsoft and Oracle only. Their absence from the mainstream is mainly because they don’t build consumer software. But their SAP ERP is highly valued among medium and big companies.
Let’s learn more about SAP…
What is SAP?
SAP security is a technical module within SAP systems. It keeps all data secure from both internal and external threats.
It was created by a European Multinational Software Corporation that devices enterprise software aimed at managing business operations and software relations.
Why is SAP Security Important?
In today’s digital age, cybersecurity problems are becoming a significant roadblock for businesses. Recent cybersecrime statistics reveal that data breaches are most common among IoT and mobile devices.
SAP systems are used to store vast amounts of sensitive data for businesses and clientele. SAP network users need to be given permission in order to access crucial data, like financial records, in order to fulfill their duties.
Also, as per Healthcare data breach stats, there have been around 2,550 data breaches in the healthcare sector over the past decade.
Furthermore, recent security research suggests that the majority of agencies have unprotected data. That is why regular audits are needed to check data integrity and security.
SAP security allows the organization to:
- Control and monitor user activity.
- Pinpoint suspicious actions and mitigate them.
- Get alerts about irregular activity that could potentially result in loss or fraud.
- Prevent risks before they occur.
- Block unnecessary authorizations.
Additionally, SAP security remote jobs are plentiful these days. They present a great opportunity for potential workers to broaden their horizons.
What is SAP National Security Services?
SAP National Security Services Incorporation is an independent U.S. subsidiary of SAP – global enterprise software agency.
It provides state-of-the-art enterprise applications, cybersecurity, cloud, database, and mobile software solutions using SAP. This helps enterprises operate smartly and helps create secure environments.
SAP Security Job Description
An SAP security job position in an enterprise is created due to the extensive use of SAP software. The primary aim of appointing SAP security in charge is to ensure that all the sensitive data across all SAP allocations are safe and secure from intruders.
In a sense, the job is similar to what a software engineer does. But it is much more business-related and less algorithm-intensive.
A basic understanding of the business is absolutely necessary. A good understanding of tables used by SAP is also important. Note that some tasks are related to data processing. But generally speaking, there are many different types of jobs that need to be done.
Furthermore, there are different profiles for SAP security experts:
SAP Security Admin
SAP Security Administrators perform various kinds of SAP security administration work. It usually involves monitoring and maintaining the whole SAP security system across all SAP platforms.
The main aim of SAP security in charge is to make sure all the data in SAP applications are safe and secure. This position requires advanced SAP software knowledge and a complete understanding of SAPs security system.
- Taking care of SAP security roles and authorization.
- Creating and managing user access rights on computer systems running SAP.
- Ensuring that all SAP applications are fully secured and adhere to the different governing acts and procedures.
- Crafting security and standardization plans and processes for the SAP applications and informing other members of the organization.
- Identifying and fixing SAP security issues.
- Staying up-to-date of the latest SAP security developments and implementing the latest trends in the existing system.
- Finding and suggesting the best ways to enhance the security of SAP applications.
- Restricting unauthorized access to minimize cyber attacks.
- Ensuring that the work is performed as per the security policies.
- Assigning proper security codes and passwords to the SAP system to ensure that data is not misused.
- Collaborating with the other team members to offer specialized security for SAP projects.
- Lowering segmentations of the responsibilities that conflict with each other.
SAP security admin salary: On average, SAP security admin earns $97,958 per year in the USA.
SAP Security Consultant
SAP security consulting work involves fixing SAP problems that different business users face.
SAP security consultant job responsibilities are:
- Defining SAP security requirements in the early stage of projects.
- Designing and testing different authorization profiles for SAP systems.
- Offering guidance, recommendations and implementing of them in respective SP domains.
- Performing R&A audits and monitoring within SAP applications.
- Completing all tasks assigned by the team leader and project manager.
- Setting requirements from business users and preparing functional specifications as per that.
- Planning, crafting, configuring and implementing the best SERP security solutions.
- Working on broad exposure in tailored SAP environments and interfaces with Non-SAP systems.
- Communicating with business users for requirement gathering, analyzing and offering project progress updates on time.
SAP security consultant salary: SAP security consultant annual salary in the USA $139,453.
SAP Security Developer
SAP security developers are responsible for coding and programming in ABAP. However, Java needs to be used from time to time too.
SAP security developer job responsibilities include:
- SAP GRC accessing and processing controls.
- Collaborating with businesses and teams to collect requirements.
- Reviewing functional specifications and integration of test plans.
- Creating, testing, and deploying roles.
- Supporting security needs of the organization as required.
- Building, testing and supporting the development of the project.
- Designing and implementing security for every process.
- Making sure the roles stay SOX compliance.
SAP Developer Salary: On average, the SAP developer salary in the USA is $100,296. However, the Average SAP Hana developer salary in the USA may amount to $146,018 a year.
SAP Security Programmer
SAP Security programmer fixes all the problems in SAP security systems and applications in order to prevent data breaches from occurring.
For this position coding in Advanced Business Application Programming (ABAB) is necessary. Additionally, you need to be familiar with SAP programs and the ABAP programming language as well.
SAP Security programmer job responsibilities include:
- Testing, designing, and debugging various types of ABAP programs.
- Creating and implementing ABAB code.
SAP programmer salary: Average SAP ABAP Programmer Salary is $86,716.
SAP Security Analyst
SAP security analysts are there to make sure that SAP security architecture is implemented across multiple environments.
SAP security analyst job responsibilities include:
- Evaluating, testing, building and maintaining information security for SAP systems.
- Supporting audit and compliance.
- Communicating requirements of clients to the team.
- Keeping up with the development of security procedures and standards.
- User administration and working on SAP authorization tasks.
- Maintaining user accounts.
- Performing L1 and L3 support for SAP application security, IDM and GRC.
- Taking part in medium to big SAP projects.
- Making sure system access is deployed properly.
SAP Security Analyst salary: Average SAP security analyst salary in the USA is $60,872 per year.
SAP Security Architect
SAP security architect crafts and implements the best SAP security solutions throughout the SAP landscape.
SAP security architect job responsibilities include:
- Craft and maintain security profiles and roles.
Builds and maintains security authorization for SAP applications.
- Provide backup support for core modules such as SAP HCM, SAP CRM SAP Solution Manager, SAP ECC6 (FI/CO, SD, MM, PP, BC), BI/BW, and SAP Portal.
- Offering support according to service level agreements.
- Crafting automated solutions using GRC compliant user provisioning to maintain SOX segregation of duties.
- Enforcing global SAP security policies and standards.
- Maintaining SLA, KPI, and audit-related documentation for SAP security.
- Evaluating alternative prototypes and methods as required.
SAP Security Architect Salary: Average SAP security architect salary in the USA is $125,000.
Senior SAP Security Manager
Senior SAP security managers monitor all SAP security operations within an enterprise. Their duty is to implement security norms, codes, and policies to ensure that all the sensitive stored data is kept safe.
Senior SAP security manager jobs responsibilities include:
- Leading and motivating teams of talented SAP security experts.
- Turning business requirements into technical requirements.
- Determining and managing risks of SAP applications and data via policies and controls.
- Assessing, crafting and implementing effective security and IT risk solutions.
- Determining emerging trends and challenges for crafting software that is secure and in compliance with privacy codes.
- Laying out and assisting the path for productization.
- Starting and scoping R & D projects.
- Mentoring development teams during incubation.
- Setting security policies and practices.
SAP Security Manager Salary: Average SAP security manager salary in the USA is $100,082/year.
However, to really be able to perform any of the mentioned job positions, certain aspects need to be met.
We are talking about the requirements that applicants need to have before they apply next.
SAP Security Jobs: Skills and Qualification
To become an SAP security expert, one needs to acquire all the basic necessities related to SAP. Top companies prefer hiring technically equipped people with excellent SAP security skills.
You need a mixture of both education and technical knowledge. Bringing that to the table already makes you an eligible candidate for any firm.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Business or any other related fields is required. This will mainly confirm that the candidate possesses the needed technical skills. Additionally, some employers put an emphasis on having a Master’s degree.
SAP security consultant jobs in the United States are lucrative. Mastering SAP security needs plenty of effort, dedication, commitment, and expertise.
But you can’t really excel at this position if you don’t display the most important skills. We can divide them into three aspects: technical, functional, and consulting.
Technical skills are essentially what shows how capable you are to perform the tasks needed.
As an SAP Security expert, you need to be very clear on the specific basics, which include:
SAP security concepts:
- Network security
- Cloud and application security
- Intrusion detection and digital forensic
- Endpoint security
- Security/privacy governance and compliance
- Information security
- GDPR, CCPA, and evolving global data protection regulations, etc.
Good understanding of SAP modules: It is imperative to broaden your skills when it comes to different SAP modules. They include SAP CRM, SAP ECC, SAP BI 7.x, SAP SRM, ESS, MSS, SAP HR, SAP HANA, BOBJ, etc.
Integration of SAP modules in business systems: You also require a good understanding of how to blend SAP modules during the end-to-end business processes.
Knowledge of Accelerated SAP (ASAP) methodology – Candidates also need to have a good understanding of Accelerated SAP on Project phases and activities.
Experience in SAP GRC Tools: SAP security also requires experience in using SAP GRC Access control, Process control modules and other GRC Tools.
A clear understanding of SAP Architecture and Integration points: A very important technical skill which is indispensable at some positions.
SAP latest Tools and technologies: You must also know how to run SAP methodologies and SAP security tools. It is imperative to have an understanding of the latest SAP tools like SAP Netweaver Identity Management, Cloud solutions, and Mobile solutions. You should know how they are able to enhance the security and everyday business activities of an organization.
Knowledge of SAP Security best practices – SAP security specialists need to be familiar with the best methods so the outcome of their work is favorable to organizations.
Must be aware of the basics of user administration as well as role administration- This may come in handy if one needs to inform users on how to protect themselves from a breach.
There are a plethora of functional skills that one needs to acquire in relation to SAP. It will inevitably enable you to perform your job well and with precision.
Let’s talk about them.
User access management processes and knowledge of business processes such as Payroll, Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, Hire to Retire, CRM, recruitment, Sales & Distribution, HCM, etc.
Compliance and law requirements such as COSO, Sarbanes Oxley, PCI-DSS, HIPAA, COBIT, and Internal & External audit requirements.
Internal controls and processes within SAP applications.
Segregation of duties processes.
Finally, consulting skills are the last piece of the puzzle for successful SAP work. These skills come in handy for all types of jobs, not just this one. But they are essential in fulfilling the given role at your job.
Excellent communication and presentation skills – SAP consultants are often required to have face to face meetings with the clients in order to understand their requirements well. Better communication means a long-lasting relationship with clients.
Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills – SAP consultants also have to explain technical information to other members within the company.
Excellent project management skills – щou must be self-driven, proactive, and possess the ability to manage SAP projects and teams. Also, mentoring people, resolving conflicts, and finding the best security solutions can be paramount.
Driven to expand one’s knowledge associated with SAP security – if you want the best SAP security jobs, you need to be highly passionate, visionary, and up-to-date with the latest SAP security trends. You must have the potential to translate ideas into actions to gain the best results.
SAP Security Certification
SAP is one of the in-demand technology certifications today. Globally, 87% of Fortune 2000 agencies and 98% of the 100 famous brands use SAP solutions today.
SAP Certification is an examination conducted by SAP AG (top provider of Enterprise Resource Planning software).
Acquiring a certification is a good way to benchmark your professional accomplishments in the competitive world. It validates your potential to use SAP systems for managing significant data losses of an enterprise.
Benefits of SAP Security Certification:
- Global recognition: By investing in SAP Security Certification, you validate your SAP security skills in the global market.
- Better Remuneration: Certification clearly shows that you have a good understanding of the GRC, SAP security, global compliance, and regulatory requirements. It allows you to land a job in the top IT Company with an excellent salary package.
- Boost job performance: SAP security certifications help you learn expertise in SAP software, SAP modules, and SAP security. It allows you to gain immense confidence when it comes to managing SAP systems and security effectively.
- More respect: Certified SAP security experts gain more recognition and respect from their employees within an enterprise.
You should definitely go ahead and invest in SAP security certification! It will help you meet the demand for certified SAP Security experts.
Additionally, future SAP experts can benefit from attending certain courses.
SAP Training Courses
SAP security training is an excellent way to get started in finding a long term job and establishing a stable career.
If you are a beginner or looking for a change in your current career, adding SAP skills to your repertoire will look really impressive. It is the best way to increase your income and broaden your horizons.
Here are a few to do that?
Latest SAP training courses
Latest online SAP training courses that might increase the possibility of acquiring an SAP job include:
- HANA training
- SuccessFactors course
- Fiori course
A good practice may be to keep a close eye on all the latest releases. Following the newest trends is important and also being up to date with the new courses at hand.
SAP Course for Beginners
SAP for beginners courses are the best way to learn SAP basics. Before considering SAP training, one needs to understand how SAP security works. These courses offer you a good foundation:
Some that you can try include:
- SAP Business Suite
- SAP Modules Introduction
- How to Become an SAP Consultant
- What is mySAP?
In the next part, we talk about some financial benefits of the job.
SAP Security Jobs Salary
When it comes to SAP earnings, people employed at this position earn well above the norm. This is particularly apparent in the US as salaries in the States are much higher as opposed to anywhere else in the world. One can easily earn an average salary of $100,000 per year.
Some of the best-paid places for SAP jobs include New Jersey and New York.
In New Jersey, you can receive a salary of $101,617 per year. In New York, the average salary amounts to $116,009.
As per ZipRecruiter data 2020, SAP security salaries are:
SAP Security Admin
- Average: $98,285/year
- Low: $22,000/year
- High: $159,500/year
SAP Security Consultant
SAP Security Developer
- Average: $106,973/year
- Low: $20,000/year
- High: $185,000/year
SAP Security Programmer
SAP Security Analyst
- Average: $102,688/year
- Low: $23,000/year
- High: $160,500/year
SAP Security Architect
- Average: $122,372/year
- Low: $22,500/year
- High: $193,000/year
SAP Security Manager
- Average: $100,535/year
- Low: $21,500/year
- High: $170,000/year
SAP Security Jobs by City
There are tons of SAP security jobs in the USA. Career options are good for every SAP Security profile.
Top SAP-based agencies that are tightly audited need more attention when it security around users, roles, and processes. The experience required differs from company to company and from project to project.
SAP Security Jobs Texas
If you have strong SAP Security experience and knowledge, there is no shortage of SAP security jobs in Texas.
Indeed lists more than 400 openings available now, with ZipRecruiter having roughly 1,400. Around 700 of them are listed on Glassdoor.
SAP Security Jobs New York
Tons of SAP developer jobs in New York are popping up each day. SAP developers in NY earn 19.6% more than developers in other regions.
If you check on LinkedIn you will see around 900 openings for this position in NY. On Dice, there are 1,400 more of them. Glassdoor and Indeed list 200 job openings apiece.
SAP Security Jobs New Jersey
There are plenty of SAP security jobs in New Jersey. If you are a motivated expert with plenty of SAP experience, you will be able to obtain a good pay scale.
Job listings in New Jersey are rising each day. Currently, Indeed lists 200 and more available, ZipRecruiter adds some 250 openings. Glassdoor offers another 100 of them.
SAP Security Future
89% of security experts predict that cyberattacks on ERP systems are likely to increase in the near future. This trend also indicates that a lot more SAP specialists are going to be needed.
That means SAP Security jobs in the United States are likely to hike in the upcoming years. Thus, if you have a genuine interest in data security within businesses, SAP Security is an excellent career option.
A career in SAP security is a good professional choice for those who want a reputed job in the IT sector. It is a vital position that offers a lot of career growth.
Probably the biggest benefit for SAP professionals is excellent remuneration in comparison to other IT counterparts.
So go on, now!
Type ‘SAP security jobs near me‘ on Google and hit search to get the best SAP jobs near your location. Start your search today with the help of Leftronic!
Our guide will be here to answer any questions you might have!
We wish you good luck!